- Grease Fittings or Ports: None. Lubrication not needed.
- Splash Drainage Plates: Not needed. NewCon valves are purge-less.
- Body Coatings: Enhanced environmentally resistant body coatings are available.
- Shrouds: Pinch point safety shrouds are available.
- SS Fastener Kit: Stainless steel fastener kits are in stock.
- Metric: Metric flange drilling is available.
- Gate Alloys: 316, 2205, 255, 2507, AL6XN, C276, 17-4 plus others, in stock, and available.
- Gate Coatings: Teflon, Electropolish, and NEDOX available and in stock.
- Protective Stem or Rod Boots: Available as an option with standard lead time.
- Electrical or Air Accessories: Most brands/models in stock at NewCon.
- Termination Enclosures: Available and in stock.
- Oversized Air Cylinders: NewCon air cylinders are sized for 60 psi in most valve diameters.
- Failure Modes: Spring return air cylinders are available for failure modes upon loss of air.
- Chain Wheel: Chain wheel adaptors and chain are available for bevel gear and hand-wheel valves.
- Safety Locking Devices: Optional in air cylinder actuated valves up to 30” and all manual valves.
|Size||A||B||C||D||E||F||H||Gate Thickness||Pressure Rating|
|16||10.50″||12.50″||23.50″||14.75″||SEE G.A.||21.25″||21.25″||1.125″||150 psi|
|18||10.75″||15.50″||25.38″||17.25″||SEE G.A.||22″||23.50″||1.125″||150 psi|
|20||11.00″||16.00″||27.63″||19.00″||SEE G.A.||25.00″||26.50″||1.50″||150 psi|
|24||12.00″||19.00″||32.25″||23.00″||SEE G.A.||29.50″||32.12″||1.50″||150 psi|
|28||12.00″||21.00″||36.50″||25.75″||SEE G.A.||34.00″||35.88″||1.50″||150 psi|
|30||12.00″||23.12″||38.75″||29.75″||SEE G.A.||36.00″||38.00″||1.50″||100 psi|
|36||12.50″||25.50″||45.62″||33.75″||SEE G.A.||42.75″||45.63″||1.50″||100 psi|
|40||20.00″||28.38″||50.75″||37.75″||SEE G.A.||47.25″||50.75″||1.75″||100 psi|
|42||20.00″||30.50″||53.00″||46.68″||SEE G.A.||49.50″||52.50″||1.75″||100 psi|
|For additional information and data, please contact us.|
- Valve Style: Bi-directional, resilient seated, 150# Class, Combination Lug/Wafer. Purge-less, self-flushing. It is not necessary to discharge media during cycling.
- Applications: On/off service in severe, abrasive slurries, and dry material handling with working temperatures under 250 degrees F (Red HT2 Liner) and 200 degrees F (Amber Standard Liner).
- Size Range: 02″ to 28″ – Standard Pressure Rating 150 psi. 30″ to 42″ – Standard Pressure Rating 100 psi.
- Operation/Actuation Options: Manual hand-wheel & bevel gear, air cylinder, hydraulic, electric, and chain wheel.
- Air Cylinders: In most valve diameters, standard bore air cylinder diameters are sized for 60 psi, and rated for 150 psi.
- Valve Orientation: 2” through 14” valve diameters have a preferred flow orientation. 16” valve diameters and larger do not.
- Leakage: Zero leakage to atmosphere & 100% bubble tight downstream shut-off.
- One-Piece Field Replaceable Liner: Amber Standard Polyurethane with maximum temperature rating of 200 degrees F. Red Premium HT2 Polyurethane with maximum temperature rating of 250 degrees F. Liner seat cavity matches gate bevel profile. Solids do not permanently collect or become imbedded in the liner seat.
- Gate Seal: Field replaceable molded elastomer, with maximum temperature rating of 250 degrees F.
- Lug/Wafer Style Bodies: Epoxy coated ductile iron (ASME/ANSI B16.5/150, B16.10, B16.47).
- Mechanical Flange Seals: One pair, 3/4″ steel reinforced, rubber coated, standard on valves 16″ and larger.
- Cycle Speeds: NewCon valves can be cycled, open or closed, at the customer’s preferred speeds without limitations.
- Installation Requirements: Typical installations include applications in both horizontal and vertical piping. See GA drawings.
- Hydro Testing/Pressure Rating: Standard at 1.5X rated pressure. Higher test ratings are available, with or without optional gate alloys.
- Valve Port: Full, unobstructed flow, enabling reduced internal wear.
- Wear Components: Rebuild kit consists of a one-piece urethane liner and a molded elastomer gate seal. SS gates are rarely replaced.
- Stainless Gate Material: Standard is 316 SS. Others are available and in stock.
- Materials of Construction: The NewCon knife gate valve bodies are full port, internally and externally epoxy coated ductile iron. The knife gate is standard with 316 SS, and the valve liner is one-piece field replaceable abrasion resistant urethane. The gate seal is molded elastomer, and is also field replaceable.
- 02” through 10”: .500”
- 12” through 14”: .625”
- 16” through 18”: 1.125”
- 20” through 36”: 1.500”
- 40” through 42”: 1.750”